|Columbus - Columbus Regional Hospital was recently named the fifth Most Beautiful Hospital in America.|
CRH was one of 50 hospitals in Soliant Health's third annual Most Beautiful Hospital in America contest. The top 50 hospitals were selected by a panel of experts who narrowed the list from more than 250 nominations based on measures such as architectural style, photogenic properties, landscaping and distinctiveness.
Nearly 70,000 votes were cast in Soliant's public online voting contest to name the Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in America.
"This is an extraordinary honor and shows that our hard work to provide a healing environment for our patients and their families is recognized," said Jim Bickel, CRH President and Chief Executive Officer.
Columbus Regional Hospital was designed by internationally renowned architect and current Dean of the Yale School of Architecture Robert AM Stern. Stern worked with Falick Klein, a Houston-based hospital architecture firm, and transformed CRH and the campus based on healing environment principles.
The top 20 hospitals are:
20. Metro Health Hospital, Wyoming, MI
19. Florida Hospital Waterman, Tavares, FL
18. Legacy Emanuel, Portland, OR
17. Sumner Regional Medical Center, Gallatin, TN
16. Thomas Memorial Hospital, South Charleston, WV
15. Forest Park Medical Center, Dallas, TX
14. Union Hospital, Terre Haute, IN
13. Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, Carson City, NV
12. Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital, Vancouver, WA
11. McKay-Dee Hospital Center, Ogden, UT
10. Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego, CA
9. Manatee Memorial Hospital, Bradenton, FL
8. UPMC Hamot Womens Hospital, Erie, PA
7. The Elliot at Rivers Edge, Manchester, NH
6. LeConte Medical Center, Sevierville, TN
5. Columbus Regional Hospital, Columbus, IN
4. West Kendall Baptist Hospital, Miami, FL
3. Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, NY
2. Chippewa County Montevideo Hospital, Montevideo, MN
1. Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center, Midlothian, VA