|Columbus - |
U.S. News and World Report ranked Columbus Regional among the best hospitals in the nation in 2013.
The report, released July 16, placed CRH 7th in Indiana (out of 167 Hoosier hospitals), up from 13th in 2012.
CRH also was recognized as one of America’s high-performing hospitals in the following areas:
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
The 24th annual edition of U.S. News and World Report Best Hospitals rankings showcases more than 720 of the nation’s roughly 5,000 hospitals.
The hospital rankings, said U.S. News Health Rankings Editor Avery Comarow, are like a GPS-type aid to help steer patients to hospitals with strong skills in the procedures and medical conditions that present the biggest challenges.
“All of these hospitals are the kinds of medical centers that should be on your list when you need the best care,” said Comarow. “They are where other hospitals send the toughest cases.”
The rankings were published by U.S. News in collaboration with RTI International, a research organization based in Research Triangle Park, N.C. The complete rankings and methodology are available at http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals.
Indiana Top Ten
The following is the list of Indiana’s Top Ten Best Hospitals: (http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/in)
- IU Health Academic Health Center in Indianapolis
- St. Vincent Hospital and Health Center in Indianapolis
- IU Health North Hospital in Carmel
- St. Mary's Medical Center in Evansville
- Franciscan St. Francis Health in Indianapolis
- IU Health Arnett Hospital in Lafayette
- Columbus Regional Hospital
- IU Health West Hospital in Avon
- IU Health Bloomington
- Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services in New Albany