The vision of Columbus Regional Hospital is "to be the best in the country at everything we do". Achieving this goal requires community support from individuals and families through charitable contributions to the Foundation. When planning a gift the personal and family financial objectives are as important as the philanthropic objectives. For this reason the Foundation is committed to ensuring funding for programs we support while providing our donors mutually beneficial giving opportunities.
Through a planned gift, individuals and families can leave a legacy of healing for our community. In the process, donors may be able to simplify financial affairs, improve cash flow, diversify their assets portfolio depended upon for income during retirement, or achieve other objectives. To learn more about our charitable planning opportunities contact the Foundation at 812-376-5100.
Memorial and Honoraria Gifts
Gifts in memory or in honor of of a family member, friend or healthcare professional, or in recognition of a special occasion express what words alone cannot and provide important support for the Foundation. It is our policy to notify the honoree or their family that a gift has been made. The amount of your tax deductible gift is not disclosed.
Charitable Gift Annuity
The charitable gift annuity is one of the simplest of life income gifts. In return for your contribution, and pursuant to a signed agreement, you receive a fixed amount each year for the rest of your life.
Charitable Remainder Trust
A charitable remainder trust is a unique arrangement that can enhance the retirement, investment, tax and estate planning of the donor while providing future support to the Foundation. In its most basic form, the charitable remainder trust is quite simple where the person creating the trust irrevocably transfers money, stock or other property to a trust that he or she has created. The trust arrangement directs the trustee to:
- Invest the property given to the trust
- Pay a specified annual income to the donor and/or another designated beneficiary for the life of the beneficiary or for a specified period of years
- Distribute the property to Columbus Regional Hospital Foundation at the death of the donor or other designated income beneficiary
Charitable Lead Trust
A charitable lead trust provides the Foundation with income from assets the donor transfers to the trust. On a future date the donor selects, the donor or someone that he or she designates would receive the trust assets. There are two types of charitable lead trusts - the charitable lead annuity trust and the charitable lead unitrust. The difference between the two has to do with determining income. The charitable lead annuity trust provides the Foundation with a set income each year, which is determined by the donor. However, the charitable lead unitrust offers the Foundation an income, which is variable.
A thoughtful and well-planned will provides support to those most important in our lives. Along with supporting loved ones, a will may include a charitable bequest that provides for a charitable cause. Including a charitable bequest in your will provides you with a sense that the wealth you have worked to accumulate during your life will have a lasting and significant impact on the lives of others. A charitable bequest may have added financial benefits such as an estate tax charitable deduction or even an income tax deduction. Whether you are preparing your will for the first time or revising a will that is already in place, consider including a charitable bequest.
What to Donate
- Cash: The charitable income tax deduction from a cash gift lowers the actual cost of the gift for the donor
- Stock: A charitable deduction for the fair market value, plus eliminate potential tax on capital gain
- Bonds: Recover forgotten bonds for a charitable gift
- Retirement Plan: Name the Hospital Foundation or one of the programs it supports as the charitable beneficiary of your retirement plan assets
- Mutual Fund Shares
- Life Insurance: Receive a charitable income tax deduction for a whole paid life policy
- Real Estate: Gift at death or during life with the right to remain in residence for the remainder of living years