With the best interests of our patients and workforce in mind, Columbus Regional Health has made a few revisions and expansions to visitor options for people receiving inpatient and outpatient services on the hospital campus.
Each inpatient or person receiving an outpatient service at the hospital will be allowed up to two designated visitors/support persons at the same time, including COVID-positive patients. However, the visitation policy for Birthing Center and Mental Health patients will remain unchanged as outlined below. The safety of our workforce and our patients remains our top priority as the COVID-19 pandemic continues; therefore the increase in visitor options will be incorporated with continued safety protocols and guidelines, including mask requirements.
In addition, the following guidelines remain for all visitors:
- The person must be age 14 or older, and pass screening. (Special exceptions for visitors under age 14 are at the determination of the patient and care team.)
- Visitors must wear a mask; cloth masks are acceptable. Visitors of patients in double-bed rooms should keep their mask on at all times, even inside the patient room.
- Visitors of COVID-positive, COVID-rule-out and highly suspected COVID patients will be advised to wear a PAPR (powered air-purifying respirator).
- Screening staff will provide a sticker to be worn at all times that identifies the person as a visitor who has passed screening criteria. The sticker will identify the destination for the visit.
- Visitors will be supplied an information sheet with instructions for the visit.
For our Birthing Center patients, the visitation policy includes the following modifications:
- Two support persons over age 18, such as a spouse, partner, sibling, or another person chosen by the patient (e.g. a Doula) may be allowed while the mother is in labor and delivery only.
- One support person may be with the mother throughout her stay.
- Postpartum, in addition to having one support person throughout her stay, the mother may have one visitor, age 18 or older, per day between the hours of 4 and 8 p.m.
- Two individuals may be designated to visit pediatric patients in the Level II nursery – only one support person may visit at a time each day.
At this time, visitation is not allowed in the Mental Health Unit. Restricted entrances to the hospital facility remain in place. Visitors to the inpatient units should enter via Entrance 3. Emergency Department visitors should enter via Entrance 1. Visitors for outpatient and surgical services patients would use Entrances 2, 3 or 4, depending on the procedure location. Pre-procedure instructions identifying the proper entrance will be given to the patient and designated visitor prior to their visit.
For more information on what to expect when you visit, go here.