If you have a desire to help others, Columbus Regional Health has volunteer opportunities for you to share your special talents and expertise. As a volunteer, you will play a vital role in serving hospital patients, visitors and our community.
Columbus Regional Health Volunteer Services
Join the more than 250 volunteers who donate more than 20,000 hours every year to help Columbus Regional Health Volunteer Services fulfill our mission. Volunteering gives you an opportunity to share your talents and expertise with the hospital and community, develop new skills and interest, meet new friends, and be part of a vital healthcare system.
Whether you want to work one-on-one with patients and visitors or prefer to serve the hospital behind the scenes, you will discover that volunteers really do make a difference.
- The Information Desk can assist patients and visitors by answering questions, helping locate hospital services, and providing information about our architectural facts
- Greet and check-in patients and serve as liaison between family members and staff
- Assemble patient charts, forms and educational packets
- Design and create silk floral arrangements to be sold in the Gift Shop or to decorate hospital galleries and waiting areas
- Support families and patients by providing a smile, an ear to listen and a helping hand while visiting patient rooms and waiting areas
- On site and on-call chaplain volunteers to provide emotional support and spiritual care to patients and families
- Help customers select their gift purchases in the Gift Shop and run the scanner equipped cash register
- Support therapist as needed by assisting during group therapy and obtaining therapeutic instruments
- Volunteer for special projects as needed
In addition to the sense of accomplishment that comes from helping others, there are a number of benefits that we offer to volunteers, such as:
- 20% discount in the Dining Pavilion and Gift Shop
- Recognition of hours and service
- Participation in hospital activities
- Educational/training opportunities
- Hospital mailings
- Annual appreciation events
- Two annual luncheons
- Complimentary valet parking
For more information about volunteering at Columbus Regional Health, contact Volunteer Services at 812-376-5305 or 1-800-841-4938 ext. 5305.
Volunteer opportunities with Healthy Communities
The Healthy Communities Initiative is working to make a difference in the health of Bartholomew County through the work of its various action teams. There are several volunteer opportunities available. For more information call 812-376-5452.
Columbus Regional Hospital Foundation
Only with the gift of time are we able to achieve so much and support the health and well-being of the residents of our service area. If you would like to become involved with one of the many events, committees, or projects supported by the Foundation, call 812-376-5100. In some cases, training and continuing education may be necessary.