Preparing for Your Visit
We want to make your experience as Columbus Regional Health a pleasant one and are committed to providing high quality, personal care for you and your family. Below is important information to help prepare for your visit.
Remember to pre-register online or by calling 1-800-841-4938 ext. 3718 between 9:00a.m and 8:00p.m., Monday - Friday. Online registration must be completed at least 24 hours prior to surgery.
Free Valet Parking
A free valet parking service at the hospital's main entrance is available for patients and visitors. The service is available Monday through Friday from 6:00a.m. to 9:00p.m and on weekends from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. In addition, free valet parking is available at our Emergency Department, 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
What should I bring?
- Please bring your insurance card and valid picture identification.
- If your visit includes a hospital stay (inpatient), please bring a complete list of all medications you are taking with you to your visit (prescription and non-prescription) including vitamins, supplements, herbs, eye drops and inhalers. If you are not able to provide a listing, please bring the actual medications with you.
- If you have an Advance Directive (a Living Will and/or Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare) please bring it with you.
- A list of important contacts, including emergency names and phone numbers.
- Your glasses, contact lenses (case and solution), hearing aids, dentures, bridges or partial plates.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and stable, comfortable walking shoes.
- A list of questions you have about your medical care. The single most important thing you and your family can do is be active partners in your healthcare. That means getting involved in your care and asking questions of your healthcare provider.
What should I leave at home?
- Jewelry or other valuables.
- Do not bring a large amount of cash or credit cards.
- Smoking is prohibited at Columbus Regional Health.
- If having surgery or another outpatient procedure, please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you the afternoon or evening after your procedure. After receiving sedation or general anesthesia you will not be allowed to drive yourself home.