Awards and Recognition
At Columbus Regional Health, we pursue excellence and innovation with rigor. That's why competing for awards and recognition is not just about winning, it's about understanding how well we're doing and how we can do it even better.
The following national and regional recognition represents some of the outstanding work by doctors, employees, and volunteers at Columbus Regional Hospital.
- 100 Top Hospitals 2011 -Thomson Reuters
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Award for joint surgery and spine surgery
- Indiana Best Places to Work
- Magnet Nursing Accreditation
- Modern Healthcare Magazine's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare
- Indiana's first American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality Prize winner, the highest hospital quality award
- Two-time national finalist for the Foster G. McGaw Prize for Excellence in Community Service for the Healthy Communities Initiative
- National Chest Pain Center Accreditation
- National Stroke Center Certification
- Most Wired Hospital award from Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
- Healthiest Employers of Indiana finalist in 2010
2011 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospitals Award
Columbus Regional Hospital was named to Thomson Reuters' 100 Top Hospitals Award list for exceptional organization performance. The 100 Top Hospital award identifies the highest performing acute care hospitals in the nation. CRH is one of only six Indiana hospitals to make the list.
2010 HealthGrades Patient Safety Excellence Award
Columbus Regional Hospital is a recipient of the 2010 HealthGrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™, indicating that its patient safety ratings are in the top 5% of U.S. hospitals. Columbus Regional Hospital is one of only 238 hospitals in the country and one of eleven in Indiana to receive this designation.
Most Wired Innovator Award
Two years in a row, we have received the Most Wired Innovator Award from the American Hospital Association. We are one of only three hospitals in the country to receive this award in 2007.
Ranked one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana
Columbus Regional Hospital has been named for six straight years on the Best Places to Work in Indiana in the large employer category.
Quest for Quality Prize®
Recipient of the 2007 Quest for Quality Prize from the American Hospital Association, the highest quality honor awarded annually by the hospital industry, Columbus Regional Hospital is proud to be the first hospital in Indiana to win this award.
IUPUC Excellence in Diversity Award
Recipient of the 2011 IUPUC Excellence in Diversity Award to honor outstanding efforts toward creating a diverse and inclusive community.
American Nursing Association
Columbus Regional Hospital received the 2009 NDNQI (National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators) Award for Outstanding Nursing Quality Award for a Community Hospital. The award is given for consistently yielding outstanding patient outcomes tied directly to high quality nursing.
Recipient of the HealthLeaders 2010 Top Leadership Team in Healthcare Award. One community hospital team is chosen nationally for this award.
eHealthcare Leadership Award
Columbus Regional Hospital was awarded Best Website Design and Best Overall Internet Site in 2010.