|Columbus, Ind. - Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare is a national award program that recognizes outstanding teamwork in healthcare organizations and shares best practices of top leadership teams. HealthLeaders Media is the leading provider of healthcare business information.|
"One of the common traits that is obvious with all of the winners in 2010 is their sense of urgency to improve," says Jim Molpus, Strategic Relationships Director for HealthLeaders Media and chair of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare program. "We attribute much of the rush to greatness to the rapidly evolving business models in healthcare delivery. The winners in 2010 can truly serve as models for others in healthcare to know that change can come quickly, because it will have to in the future."
Winners are judged on the team's overall leadership culture, its ability to overcome challenges, and its ability to demonstrate successes that result from outstanding leadership teamwork. The 2010 winners are:
The award recognizes senior leadership teams at healthcare organizations. Columbus Regional Hospital's Executive Team has nine members.
- Novant Health, Winston-Salem, NC: Large Hospitals and Health Systems (500 or more licensed beds)
- Columbus Regional Hospital, Columbus, IN: Community and Mid-Sized Hospitals (100 to 499 licensed beds)
- Chenango Memorial Hospital, Norwich, NY: Small Hospitals (fewer than 100 licensed beds)
- Network Health, Medford, MA: Health Plans (state, regional and national health plans)
- Crystal Run Healthcare, Middletown, NY: Medical Group Practices (physician-owned, single- or multi-specialty groups employing 25 or more physicians)
"Our hospital has dealt with enormous change over the past few years and we have learned the importance of transparency and communication, and how to collectively address major challenges head-on," says Jim Bickel, Chief Executive Officer at Columbus Regional Hospital. "This is a great honor not only for our leadership team but our entire hospital family of employees, physicians, volunteers, and Trustees, as together we look to find opportunity in the midst of challenges to deliver on our vision to be in the best in the country for our patients and community."
Recipients of the national award will be honored in October in Dallas, TX. For information about the national award program, visit www.healthleadersmedia.com.