1. Is the medical condition no longer responding to treatment?
2. Is the patient considering stopping aggressive treatment?
3. Has the patient had frequent visits to a physician, hospital or ER?
4. Is the patient’s pain, nausea and shortness of breath difficult to control?
5. Is the patients level of activity preventing independence?
6. Does the patient need help with bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, walking or eating?
7. Has the patient experienced unintended weight loss?
8. Is the patient falling frequently?
9. Does the patient have extreme weakness or severe anxiety?
10. Do you wonder if hospice might be an option?