Preparing for Your Visit
Columbus Regional Health Switchboard
We want to make your experience as Columbus Regional Health a pleasant one and are committed to providing high quality, personal care for you and your family. Below is important information to help prepare for your visit.
We know pricing for health care services can be confusing. We’re here to help!
Do you have an upcoming procedure or medical service scheduled at Columbus Regional Hospital? Perhaps you know you need a certain procedure as recommended by your physician, but you want to have a better idea of your out-of-pocket costs. Introducing Columbus Regional Health’s Cost Estimate line. Call this phone number and speak with an patient financial representative who can help you estimate the cost of the service. We look forward to serving you!
Please call 812-376-5315 to talk to one of our representatives about a cost estimate.
What Should I Bring?
- Please bring your insurance card and valid picture identification.
- If your visit includes a hospital stay (inpatient), please bring a complete list of all medications you are taking with you to your visit (prescription and non-prescription) including vitamins, supplements, herbs, eye drops and inhalers. If you are not able to provide a listing, please bring the actual medications with you.
- If you have an Advance Directive (a Living Will and/or Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare) please bring it with you.
- A list of important contacts, including emergency names and phone numbers.
- Your glasses, contact lenses (case and solution), hearing aids, dentures, bridges or partial plates.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and stable, comfortable walking shoes.
- A list of questions you have about your medical care. The single most important thing you and your family can do is be active partners in your healthcare. That means getting involved in your care and asking questions of your healthcare provider.
What should I leave at home?
- Jewelry or other valuables.
- Do not bring a large amount of cash or credit cards.
- Smoking is prohibited at Columbus Regional Health.
- If having surgery or another outpatient procedure, please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you the afternoon or evening after your procedure. After receiving sedation or general anesthesia you will not be allowed to drive yourself home.