The Ostomy Outpatient Clinic will focus on:
• Management of patients with urinary and fecal diversions.
- Pre-operative stoma site marking and education.
- Post-operative care – regularly scheduled follow up for appliance fit and complication prevention.
- Consultation and treatment for peri-stomal skin complications.
• Tube site skin breakdown and drainage management.
• Cutaneous fistula drainage management.
Our Current Program Offerings
• The Ostomy Outpatient Clinic provides outpatient services on Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Columbus Regional Hospital, 2400 East 17th St., Columbus. Appointments require a physician referral. Additional appointment day(s) and time(s) can be arranged for outpatient services on an as needed basis.
• The Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse works with the referring physician should a patient require a prescription based or medical based intervention.
• The Ostomy Outpatient Clinic cannot schedule or treat patients if they already use another skilled nursing service.
1. Call 812-376-5500 (Columbus Regional Centralized Scheduling) to schedule an appointment.
Download Outpatient Referral Request
2. Fax signed Referral Form to CRH Order Intake at 812-375-3161.
When Do People Benefit from Wound Ostomy Outpatient Services?
• For fecal/urinary ostomy patients – at two weeks, six weeks and annually thereafter. More frequently based on patient need.
• Skin complications – peristomal, peri-tube, drainage management – cutaneous fistulas, peri-tube.
• Significant weight changes may cause the need to evaluate ostomy appliance fit.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about our services, please call us at 812 376-5298 or toll free at 1-800-841-4938 ext. 5298 or email us at WOCNurseGroup@crh.org.