Joint and Spine Center
The progressive, comprehensive approach we take at our state-of-the-art facility has been recognized nationally, (U.S News and World Report, for starters) but it's the individuals we've helped that matter most. When someone tells us they wish they had done their surgery sooner, that's when we know that all the extra effort pays off.
When an entire team is focused on your wellness and rehabilitation, good things happen.
Within the progressive atmosphere of the Joint and Spine Center, physicians, physician’s assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, surgeons, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other experts are in constant communication to see to your individualized care. Our focus is on you and getting you the best care possible for your joint replacement or spine surgery.
You are not in this alone. Group therapy begins immediately after surgery, and we even teach family members how to actively become involved with your recovery. From education before surgery, to exercises after surgery, every detail of your care is planned, then continuously reviewed using input from you and your family. You will play a key role in ensuring a successful recovery, but you will be supported every step of the way.
The team in our Joint and Spine Center focuses on getting patients better and back home sooner than the national average.
Outcomes for our patients dealing with neck, knee, hip and spine issues consistently surpassed national benchmarks in:
- Reduction of post surgery pain
- High range of motion at discharge
- Highest in the country in patient satisfaction
Care here is different — and our results place us in the top 10% for joint surgery, compared to 413 hospitals nationwide, according to U.S. News and World Report.
- Overall patient satisfaction – Joint and Spine Center 93%; National Average – 71%
- % of Patients that Go Directly Home – Joint and Spine Center 88%; National Average – 66%
- Likely to Refer – Joint and Spine Center 90%; National Average – 71%
- Low Complication Rate Within 30 days – Joint and Spine Center 0.4%; National Average - 0.9%
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association named us a Blue Distinction Center + for Knee and Hip Replacement for achieving excellent clinical quality and efficiency in delivering in hip and knee replacement specialty care.
Here at the Joint and Spine Center, more than 300 joints replacements and over 200 spine surgeries are performed each year. (That’s extensive experience and expertise on your side, at your side.)
- Studies show that hospitals with high volumes (more than 200 joint replacement and 100 spine surgeries) deliver better outcomes.
- 2016 Joint and Spine Center Data: Joint Replacement Surgeries – 342, Spine Surgeries – 205
Columbus Regional Hospital Outpatient Physical and Occupational Therapy consistently receives the “Outcomes Excellence Award” through FOTO for exceeding the national average for orthopedic functional change among 3,800 hundred outpatient clinics all over the country.
- Columbus Regional Health Outpatient Therapy functional change is better than 94% of other outpatient clinics.
- Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes, Inc. [FOTO®] is a network of outcomes measurement that Columbus Regional Hospital has utilized since 1997 to measure our outpatient therapy performance against providers all over the county and to ensure the BEST possible care for our patients.
Our process makes us different. Our process makes us better.
As a patient, you'll know what to expect six weeks before surgery. Then, we'll still be there to help you three months later—and beyond.
Care starts with a pre-operative education class where patients and "coaches" (family and friends helping you through the recovery process) learn about the details of your treatment, the ins and outs of your hospital stay, and important advice that will aid in speeding your recovery.
Our continuous care model includes a single team of doctors and healthcare personnel that will be with you throughout the entire treatment and recovery process, establishing a level of comfort and trust that only gets stronger. It's more like we go through the treatment program with you, instead of just performing surgery on you.After surgery, you’ll get to wear your own clothes, (no hospital gowns!) and participate in group therapy sessions each day. Just don’t be surprised if new friendships are made.
Joint and Spine Center Patient Stu Kaplan underwent a successful knee replacement surgery, and he tells the story about his decision to "get his life back."